By Leader Contributor Emma Horton
The deathcare industry covers such a wide variety of topics, opinions, and ideas, that it can be difficult to keep up with the latest news and trends.
Our solution is to give you all the information you need to know in one blog every week. Think of this as your one-stop shop!
Whether these links prompt you to think about the way our industry runs, help you brainstorm a new idea for your firm, or even just provide a good laugh, we hope this will be a helpful and time-saving resource.
- Watch licensed funeral director Caitlin Doughty’s TED Talk about restructuring the funeral industry to become more eco-friendly and explaining misconceptions about the movement.
- Listen to Undertaking: The Podcast’s most recent episode featuring an interview with J. Mario Bernaudo, creator of the Mortuary Magic Store. You’ll learn what he is doing to help embalmers across the nation.
- Read about how funeral home inspections are falling short in Oregon. According to this report, only 10% of the state’s licensed funeral homes are being inspected, prompting questions and concerns from families.
- After a nationwide poll in Scotland uncovered that only 1 in 4 residents would be able to afford an unexpected funeral, the government decided to step in to assist.
- Learn more about Apple TV+’s upcoming series about Emily Dickinson. Dickinson was an important writer for our industry because of her focus on the concepts of life and death. The casting is interesting so far – Wiz Khalifa is currently slotted to personify the role of Death.
- Share this article about meals to make when someone is grieving. This will give families ideas about comfort food they could serve during a reception.