By Leader Contributor Emma Horton
In this week’s edition of the weekly roundup, we have found podcasts, informational talks, and news articles – everything from preventing compassion fatigue to Swedish death cleaning.
- Learn from hospice and palliative physician B.J. Miller about how to create a peaceful end-of-life experience. Miller shares great insight into how we think about and process death while still making time to honor the gift of life.
- Read The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson to find purpose and joy in the items that you keep. The Swedish decluttering process – known as döstädning – focuses on the need to get rid of items you don’t need before others have to do it for you.
- Read about the newest class of mortuary school graduates. They aren’t what you may expect! Over 80% of 2018 graduates are the first in their families to join the industry.
- Read about a community mourning the alleged mishandling of their loved ones. Their claims sparked a large FBI investigation into Sunset Mesa Funeral Home and Crematory. The owners are accused of being involved with selling bodies and body parts without consent.
- Listen to My Fantasy Funeral’s discussion with Nashville entrepreneur Nathanael Mehren about his funeral wishes. He covers everything from his grandparents’ influence on song choices to a beloved author he would resurrect to deliver his eulogy.
- Read about compassion fatigue and learn how to prevent this from happening to your staff members. Small, everyday steps such as self-care and setting emotional boundaries can make a world of difference in an oftentimes taxing profession.
Have any articles, podcasts, TV shows, or other deathcare-related information you think we should know about? Email us at [email protected] for the chance to be featured in next week’s article!